Due to continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing Apprentice to join our small successful, award-winning team based at our office in Goring on Thames.
This is a brand new position that will suit an ambitious and hard-working apprentice who has a creative mindset, is tech-savvy and has an interest in digital marketing and business generally, who wants to grow and flourish within a business with huge but realistic growth plans.
This is a varied role where you will gain experience in a wide selection of the marketing mix, including:
- Implementing marketing strategy across a range of digital channels including content and social with a focus on brand awareness and lead generation
- Keeping social media accounts active and up to date, engaging and growing relevant audiences
- Creating and managing eye-catching content on our website (WordPress) – copywriting and blogging
- Improving website rankings in Google searches (SEO)
- Writing and broadcasting of email campaigns and monthly newsletter
- Creating, monitoring and optimising Google Ads campaigns (PPC)
- Using Google Analytics to monitor and evaluate the performance of different campaigns and websites
- Building, promoting and managing virtual and face-to-face events
- Analysing and reporting the performance of a variety of digital metrics (leads, sales, website traffic, ad cost and spend, RoI etc.)
- Conducting market research and monitoring customer satisfaction through online surveys
Person specification / Desired skills and qualities:
As this is an entry-level role, we don’t have lots of core requirements in terms of training or experience. However, it is critical that the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Passion for marketing business
- Interested in and familiar with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) management
- Good knowledge of digital trends
- Effective time management and communication skills both verbal and written
- Impeccable spelling, grammar and use of the English language
- Strong creative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Happy to take feedback well and act on guidance given
- Confidence with a wide range of IT skills (we use Apple Mac as our standard platform, so familiarity is an advantage)
- Self-motivated with a high work ethic.
Due to current remote working, you will need to be able to demonstrate productivity during unsupervised working hours, with the option to continue a mix of remote and office working in future
The following attributes would be beneficial:
- Ability to manipulate data using formulas and filters etc. in Microsoft Excel
- Experience of video editing
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, WordPress and Apple Mac
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Benefits / Why join us:
- A close-knit team who will support you through your apprenticeship
- Great modern workplace with plenty of parking and great transport links (our office is located 3-minute walk from Goring & Streatley station on the Reading/Paddington line)
- Fast-paced but friendly and relaxed working environment
- Flexible working hours including working from home
- Opportunity for travel to attend industry exhibitions and conferences
- Personal development plan and a wide range of training
- Team activities and nights out
After your Digital Marketing Apprenticeship, you would progress into a full-time permanent role as Digital Marketing Executive, with continued career development for the future.
The training provider is QA. QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.